Friday, October 22, 2010

Love the way you lie...

Big news coming out of Manchester today... Wayne Rooney has signed a five-year contract with Manchester United.


Although many United fans will be over the moon with this piece of news, I for one have mixed feelings. On the one hand, Rooney's signing consolidates our future. Despite what's been said over the last few days, he is a good player and I would rather have him on our side than not. But on the other hand, all this madness that's happened over the past week have made me wonder where his heart truly lies - In Manchester or in his wallet?

Personally, I won't be convinced that the Wayne Rooney we see will be as effective or prolific as 2009-2010 Rooney unless I see it with my own eyes. If he finds his form and proves to the fans that he deserved that contract, then we will see it on the pitch. If not, then in my eyes at least, Wayne Rooney is not the genuine, hard-working warrior we thought he was. 

So for our sakes, for United's sake, and most importantly, for Wayne Rooney's sake, I hope that he starts playing well again.


2 comments:

  1. Love him or hate him, it's still an obsession... (terrible, terrible song reference, I know...)

    But I reckon this might galvanise the team. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true... only time will tell.

    And Lady Sovereign? Really? =P

    ReplyDelete