Thursday, December 30, 2010

5 Moments That Still Give Me Goosebumps: #2

On for number 2! Appropriate given his man-of-the-match rating by Amer for the Birmingham match! You all remember last week's one, right? If not, you could always just check.

This one has two parts to it: yes, the moment was electric. My hero Ryan Giggs gets the ball from around about the half-way line, gets past the entire Arsenal backline (Lee Dixon twice)...


... and smashes it past David Seaman up into the roof of the net...



... and who could forget that celebration?



Let's just stop there for a sec.

The other part to this moment, without which, I think, the moment loses a bit of its goosebump factor, is just the commentary. I dunno about you, but my endearing memory of this moment is accompanied by Martin Tyler's unmistakable and insightful brilliance:

"It's a rather weary one from Vieira... Giggs gets past Vieira, past Dixon... who comes back at him--IT'S A WONDERFUL RUN FROM GIGGS!"

And let's not forget his trusty, and very quotable sidekick Andy Gray!
"And if this is the last semi-final replay goal we ever see, well, it'll rank with some of the greatest ever scored..."
- Andy Gray

I can't embed the video, but I can give you the link to the YouTube video!

Definitely something I could watch over and over again. But I remember this from my childhood man! Can't top this. Or can you? We'll see next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment