Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Form is temporary, class is permanent.


So tell me, is Anderson on a run of form that's overshadowing his usual self? Or was he actually this good all along and just having trouble fitting in with the United way?

In any case, he's becoming quite the force in our midfield and adds a tank-like presence to the midfield that no one else really brings to the table. Yes, I am aware that Darren Fletcher is quite tank-like, but c'mon, would you run faster from a skinny looking Scottish man, or a bulky Brazilian with long-ass dreadlocks? I'm sure I know which would get my feet moving faster.

So this new and improved Anderson has sort-of won over our hearts, but what really matters is will it last? I for one, hope it does. The kicker is that Anderson hasn't just been playing better, he's been playing effectively. It's all well and good to be able to pass the ball and hold it up without losing possession, but it  makes a bigger difference that he gels into the United way so seamlessly. Just think about how his style of play compliments the passing masterclass of Scholes and Carrick, the long range shooting of Gibson, and the defensive tenacity of Fletcher and Hargreaves, that is when Hargreaves comes back.

In fact, when you consider it, Sir Alex must be poppin' those aspirins before every game to relieve himself of the selection headaches he'll have in the midfield.

In any case, I'm willing to put my hands up in the air and look Anderson in the eye and say, "I was wrong about you." But if, and only if, he can keep this awesome level of play up for at least the rest of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment